Blackstrap Molasses Benefits
I am super passionate about alternative medicine! I dedicate A LOT of time to research and trials in hopes to better my wellness in a natural way and hopefully help others do so as well. My resent addition to my ever-growing apothecary is MOLASSES! Yes, good ol' fashion Blackstrap Molasses. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. "Isn't that like a thick syrup?! SYRUP IS A BAD WORD!!" This kind of syrup is nothing to be scared of. In fact, it not only has health benefits but also beauty benefits! Killing two birds with one stone is basically my anthem.
HOW IS BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES MADE?
Blackstrap Molasses is a byproduct of sugarcane’s refining process:
- Sugarcane is mashed to create juice
- Then boiled once to create cane syrup
- A second boiling creates molasses
- After this syrup has been boiled a third time, it turns to a dark liquid known to us as blackstrap molasses. *** It has the LOWEST sugar content of any sugar cane product.
HOW COULD IT BENEFIT MY HEALTH?
There are so many awesome benefits to this stuff, but I am going to list the ones that I felt stood out to me the most, and the ones I thought most people would like to know.
1. Weight Management & Diabetes
Most of us have been taught that SUGAR IS BAD, YOU FAT LARD! But sugarcane is a natural sugar and actually has the potential to HELP in weight loss! This is because sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol levels and contains a low glycemic index that prevents steep rises in blood glucose levels which aids in reducing weight! This is great news for diabetics! It is high in soluble fibre that act as an aid in shedding weight. SO TAKE THAT!
2. Blood Bones & Brains
Blackstrap molasses contains vital kick ass vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, potassium, and selenium.
- Bones : calcium + magnesium > crucial in preventing diseases like osteoporosis and asthma along with others that can affect your blood and heart.
- Blood : iron + magnesium + calcium > MOST IMPORTANT FOR MAH LADIES! Iron deficiency runs ramped with females because of that stupid evil time of the month. Blackstrap aids in preventing the clotting of blood, which relieves menstrual cramps and maintains the health of uterine muscles. Plus simmer down the PMS rollercoaster that makes you feel down, unmotivated and bitch'tastic. Hallelujah!
- Brains (mental health) : vitamin B + calcium + magnesium > combat stress, anxiety and depression. Vitamin B6 is everyones MVP. It raises serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is a vital hormone that controls mood and prevents pain, depression and fatigue. I'll take a tub full, please!
3. Fight Against Cancer
We all know that antioxidants are essential. They seem to slay everything coming at us including certain types of cell damage caused by oxidation, which plays a massive role in diseases that have been linked to so many health conditions including cancer! High-antioxidant foods, like blackstrap molasses, help reduce free radicals in the body, which are tested to be the primary cause of cancer.
HOW COULD IT BENEFIT MY CUTENESS?
1. Hair Flippin Good
Blackstrap molasses contains copper which is ooooober important for hair growth and can even reverse graying hair with prolonged use! LIKE, WHAT? This is also due to its fight against free radicals that screw up our hair and age it. For best results, you should use it internally AND externally!
Hair Mask Recipe :
1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
2 tablespoons organic blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
Optional: 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
** massage into scalp and hair then put it up in a towel or shower cap and leave in for 10-15 min and shampoo out
2. Show a Little Skin
Blackstrap molasses contains lactic acid, which serves as an awesome natural acne treatment and heals other skin conditions. The consumption also accelerates healing time of cuts, wounds, and bruising because it promotes the growth of healthy skin tissue! Healthy skin tissue means soft and clear skin! Because of its iron muscle men, it also helps heal under eye circles and paleness from deficiency.
Face Mask Recipe :
1tbs of unsulphured blackstrap molasses
1tsp green tea powder
optional : essential oil ( tea tree oil for acne prone skin / Ylang Ylang for dry or mature skin / Geranium for combination skin )
Now that you have been gifted with this syrupy secret, go forth into the world and be healthier and prettier. You're welcome....