Little Black Bag
As we have established in earlier posts, I am a product junkie. I try everything until I find something I love and then I'll stick with that product forever. These are a few items that I have tested and ended up loving enough to add to my little black bag of secret weapons. Ps. I am not a rep for these products. Just a satisfied customer.
Benefit's Boi-ing Airbrush Concealer .
This concealer is simply wonderful. There are a few factors that I look for in a concealer: lightweight but build-able coverage, easy application, and skin tone match. This product covers all of my requirements! It is very lightweight and blends in naturally. You can easily build it for those extra break out days without looking cakey. Plus there is a bonus factor that makes it even more irresistible! Wait for it...IT'S WATERPROOF AND LAST UP TO 10 HOURS!! To be real though, for my skin I'd say it last about 5 hours before needing to reapply.
Avène Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+ (Face)
So, now that I am coming up on 26, I am trying to save my face and chest from anymore sun damage. Don't get me wrong, I like to be tan as much as the next person, but as soon as I start to get super wrinkly in the future because of it, I know I'm going to be pissed off at myself and regret my need to be a golden goddess. What makes this product great, for me, is its flexibility with changes in skin texture and oil production. My combination skin is pretty unpredictable and sometimes it can be more oily and other times it can be dry, so I need something that will moisturize without making my face look like a grease monkey. It is sheer and lightweight, which is great for layering under make up! It contains a broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50+ protection, and is water resistant up to 80 minutes. It also contains photostable forms of Vitamin E providing kick ass anti-oxidant protection. This means that it is resistant to change under the influence of radiant energy and light. Hi, I am a scientist.
Juice Beauty Eye Smoothing Concentrate
With managing a madhouse of a schedule, I volunteer my eyes as tribute. Life punches me in the face and leaves me with shiners AKA dark circles for days. To bring life back into my eyes, I use this product as basically an eye primer before applying make up or to rock the natural face. It is jam packed with superhero vitamins that are your skins best friends.
1. Grape and carrot juice is added for their incredible sources of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Antioxidants, and potassium! These help in fighting against inflammation, redness, uneven skin tone, scaring and wrinkles! As if that alone wasn't awesome, there are even more amazingly beneficial ingredients!
2. Essential fatty acids (represented by primrose, linseed & borage) are formulated with Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid that soothes and regenerates skin) and Vitamin P (enhances absorption of Vitamin C). This mixture added to the carrot and cucumber is the ultimate dark circle recovery.
3. Carefully curated oils are aids in locking in moisture. These oils include organic jojoba, sunflower, avocado, and a little bit of vegetable glycerine.
Smashbox X-Rated Mascara
This is my all time favorite mascara! The wand is made up of tiny fibers all the way around to separate and add volume. My favorite part about the formula is that it is buildable! It has been a journey to find a soft, buildable mascara that volumizes and lengthens without getting clumpy. This mascara delivers all the good without the mess and lasts a friggin long time! Even if you decide to build onto it later, it is STILL soft and flexible hours later.
the Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughs Lipstick
I learned how to apply lipstick before I learned how to walk. Priorities, honey, I knew what was up. I am no beauty guru but I know lipstick, and when I find one I like I am loyal to it! This lipstick is loyal right back with its long lasting lusciousness. Because it long-wear and matte, it can be drying so I have found that the best results happen when my lips are exfoliated and moisturized before my pout is painted. They come in multiple shades to choose from but my favorites are Charming and Adoring!
NEUMA INSTANT FIX
Look, I am just not about that 'do my hair everyday' life. At the same time, I can't feel at my bossiest if my curls have had no love!! If you think you are workin the electrocuted look, honey, I am here to break your heart and tell you that you are not. Like, ever.
Thankfully there's helpful fairies out there who have created brands like Neuma. They're are products are unreal. They use only renewable, plant-based ingredients, which means that their products don't contain sulfate, sodium chloride, synthetic fragrances, and all that other crap you hope to not read on the back of beauty bottles. This spray adds just the right amount of moisture without being too much and weighing down my curls. I like that it helps detangle the curls as well!
The 4 ingredients that take center stage are:
• Cottonseed Oil – Strengthens to help create smoother, shinier hair.
• Avocado Oil – Deep conditioning properties add moisture, strength and shine – especially helpful for dry, brittle hair. Its vitamins, amino acids, and high fat content help promote healthy cell growth and are great for maintaining and restoring scalp health (dry, itchy scalp).
• Apricot Kernel Oil – Conditions and soothes cuticle to control flyaways and add shine.
• Chamomile: Soothes the scalp. Has been found to be useful in preventing and eliminating dandruff.
* How I Use: dampen my hair a little, then sprits all over! BOOM. Out the door in minutes!